10 Ways to Feel Better When You're Stuck in a Rut

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the hiatus. I definitely didn't intend to take such a long break. But it was definitely needed. Within a month, I found myself just stuck in a constant rut! Speaking of it, I'd say I'm just slowly coming out of it. The beginning of March I was in Minnesota for a week celebrating my baby brother's first birthday. I was definitely facing jet lag once I got back. It seriously took me a whole week and a half to get back on my feet again and settle back into a routine of some sort. And then I've been part of a wedding planning team, and the wedding we've been planning for just crept up on me this past weekend therefore here I am, stuck in a rut again. 

I feel exhausted, lazy, uninspired, tired, & completely unmotivated. All I want to do is lock myself up in a room and hibernate forever or at least until I return to my normal self again. (Whatever that means.) So I decided that I'd share a few things that can help you get out of a rut. Especially if you're in one-like me. 

1. Rest. Sleep when your body needs it. Listen to your body and take care of it. Don't be so hard on yourself. It takes some time to pull yourself up again. 

2. Get outside. Go for a walk. Breathe in fresh air & get some vitamin D. Our bodies were designed to get some sunshine in order to be revitalized and re-energized. It'll definitely boost your motivation to get back into your routine. 

3. Keep Hydrated. It's hard to tell that your body lacks water but make it a goal to consume more water than usual. After some R&R, water is needed to keep you strong. Water is always good for you and I don't think we can ever have too much of it because honestly, we don't drink enough water. 

4. Pamper yourself. Put together a cute outfit & doll yourself up! Don't wait until there's a reason for you to pull yourself together. Try a new look, find inspiration to be yourself again without the pressure.

5. Get Moving! Stay active or try a new class!  Get your heart pumping and release endorphin's. Endorphin's are a happy hormone that we can create when we get in some cardio or movement in our bodies.

6. Positive Feedback. Surround yourself with people who care about you and are willing to pick you up when you feel down but won't pressure you to get on with it. Talk it out. Find encouragement in the sweet friends around you to remind you of your purpose.

7. Read. Write. Draw. Do something creative. Use your creativity to draw inspiration again. Sometimes, all it really takes is a bit of imagination and it'll all come flooding back!

8. Listen to music. Test out a new playlist or repeat your favorite artist! I find that music inspires and motivates me to do a lot of things. Use it as a motivator to get some clean-up done around the house.

9. Volunteer. Sometimes, while in a rut, we become so self absorbed of just how stuck we are and unmotivated. But signing up for a community project or getting involved in your local church really resets you. I personally volunteer as a teacher at my home church, so this definitely helps give me perspective on changing my view to a child's lens. Long story short, be happy! Do what brings you joy! And love everyone! (There's always much to be learned from children.)

10. Remind yourself of your worth & value Genesis 1:26-27 says we are made in His image, the very image of God. Psalm 139:13-16 says we are fearfully and wonderfully made, and all the days of our lives were written in God’s book before we were ever born, confirming God’s prior knowledge and plan for our lives. Ephesians 1:4 says God chose His children before the foundations of the earth were ever formed. And so much more. Remind yourself of what the Lord says about you. Hold on to His promises and truths. See yourself the way He see's you. 

What do you do to get unstuck or out of a rut?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Long to Last Year

A Continuous Transformation

My Word for 2016: JoyFull