Spring is Here

It's spring already. I can't believe it! I'm absolutely loving waking up to the sun rays peeping in through my sheer curtains in the morning. And how about the crisp chilly breeze that sneaks in through the cracks of the windows? It makes me want to stay wrapped up in my comforter but also uplifts me to get up and out of bed to make the best out of my day. The weather sure can inspire you right? Spring absolutely sounds dreamy but lets face the reality, along with spring comes a bestfriend that we'd like to never visit; allergies. 

About 6 years ago, I developed allergies to pollen, and since then, I've dreaded spring. It makes me feel miserable. My eyes swell up and my nose gets completely congested and constantly dripping. I remember days where I wish that I could just be locked up in a box so that no pollen can affect me and I'll be in peace. But about 2 years ago, I was determined to kick my allergies to the curb. It was about time that I found my joy in God's creation of the different seasons again. I decided that I would no longer let my allergies determine my life.

For those of you who have allergies, you know it can be so burdensome. I hated having to lock myself indoors from the beautiful sunshine & flowers. I so often had to decline outdoor adventures and picnics in the park. And I love those things! My allergies always felt differently about it though. I decided to naturally fight off my allergies. I did it "cold turkey," I guess you could say. No longer would I take medications nor would I be constantly using eye drops.

I was off to a great start spring of 2014. I prayed and declared healing in my nose and eyes and protection from the pollen. As silly as it sounds, God knew my pain & misery. He began to heal me that year. It wasn't an overnight healing, but I've seen great progression of how I've not had to consume any medication and be able to enjoy the Lord's creation. Months pass by and I would notice that I no longer had any irritation to being outdoors at all!

I'm happy to say now that I'm healed, I no longer take walks in the park or hiking adventures for granted any more. In that season of facing irritating allergies, I realized that it was preventing me from being able to enjoy the simplest things in life. Fresh air, blue skies, flower gardens, and all outdoor activities! Now, I cannot wait for the sun to come out so I can go outside and breathe in the fresh air.

The Lord intended for us to be able to enjoy His creation for He created the Earth for us to nurture and care for. He made all things for us to enjoy. Rachel Sazon-Reyes says,

"Nothing is more calming than connecting to God through nature. His beautiful creations, gifts and blessings, we should never take for granted but enjoy."

Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." Get outside this spring and enjoy all that the Lord has created for you and I. If you have bad allergies like me, then receive His healing power today. He is our heavenly Father. He created the beautiful world around you for you to enjoy!

What's your favorite thing about spring? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Long to Last Year

A Continuous Transformation

My Word for 2016: JoyFull