Out With the Old, In With the New

Continuing on with the topic of creativity, I finally took some time to re-do a little side table that I had sitting around. Its completely outdated & was in need of an update. My sister in law gave this table to me about 6 years ago. It's been used as many things, but for the last year or so, it's just been sadly sitting in my bedroom with no functionality whatsoever. 

I was watching thesorrygirls from Youtube & was inspired to change this plain table into something more eye catching & functional to my space. They created a DIY on turning just about any plain surface into "faux marble." Real marble is just too costly & I just can't afford it. So why not? Plus, if all else fails, I can always just sand it down & repaint it a solid color. 

Here are some of the items I used. I didn't have to go out to buy anything since I already had these materials on hand. 



This is the before. It was cute, but bland. 

 






And here's the after. 

 



I love it! It totally adds value & art to my lil space. I'm excited to be able to use this table again!







What do you think? Do you enjoy doing DIY's? Remember to keep an eye out for my 30 day Creative Challenge!

Comments

  1. What a great job you have done there, the makeover looks like a brand new table and it looks so chic! :)
    I took on a bunch of DIY projects when we moved to Seattle and still have a few pending (want to make a dinning table, hope I get to it soon). And I cannot wait for your challenge to begin...
    xx, Kusum | www.sveeteskapes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Long to Last Year

A Continuous Transformation

My Word for 2016: JoyFull